27 August 2014

Dream marches BIGGER. We are MOVING north.

downtown main street in Galena - charming historic art filled goodness = local

views from end of main street looking across the park

history is everywhere

driving into Galena in July. i took this picture. the view is never something you tire of.

Ulysses S. Grants home from 1865


Wishes, dreams are wonderful. They can build and change and always create more in life. We are packing up everything we own (again) and moving North to a small river town Galena Illinois.
I am thrilled. Yes, I will miss a few friends, the ocean and warm weather, shrimp. I can visit and come back to splash in the ocean - and I will.

I have wanted to live in Galena since I was in 6th grade. Our class took a school trip on the yellow bus to tour the home of Ulysses S. Grant.  I was immediately smitten with the history and charm that seemed to pour out of this little town. I grew up in a small river town called Camanche in Iowa. Camanche is one hour and 45 minutes away.

I am learning so much about myself and I am most grateful for all of it. I moved away from Iowa once I graduated from college. I have lived in mostly big cities for a very long time. I thought that I needed to live by the ocean. I did. I did it and now I know that I need more charm, history, seasons that change, community that I can feel and know. I need Galena. I am praying that Galena needs me.

So I continue to move those mountains. Be brave and shine = I am doing it. I am proud.

We have rented a beautiful historic home built in 1846. We will be packing our big truck up end of October and rolling into the fall weather and bonfires.

I am so grateful for my life. I am filled with creative spirit that will shine even brighter as I move across this beautiful country. Going back to a small river town knowing it is home.

Oh and my darling hubby has a wonderful new job waiting for him. So flipping proud of him. He is my best friend and love who totally gets me and how to live a full life.

photos above (except for the one i took) courtesy of the web images of Galena.

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I am THRILLED to hear that you are going to be closer to family!!!!! HOME is a beautiful word isn't it? I have never been to Galena but have heard of how charming it is! You will love it, and Galena will love you! Congratulations dear heart!!!!!! A brand new adventure awaits… <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. see? it has already begun... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new great adventure!!! With such a creative soul I just know you'll fit right in!! Can't wait to see pictures of you new home and town!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and good wishes for a splendid new adventure. xox

    ReplyDelete