|layers of paints, tissues, inks, drawings, paper, gold leaf|
|lately i am marveling at white ink on gold|
|for me there will always be threads|
I know that all creatives share in the steps of finding our ways when it's not easy.
Tonight I wanted to share some helpful guides for me in my life. In hopes that I might help just one soul have some new ideas to perhaps practice.
Guide I created for me.
* I journal. I simply write, scribble anything and everything (which is a lot) that is in my head. I feel free to write everything down. No judgements of myself here. This journal is sacred healing life filling stuff.
* I walk. Yes, exercise in any way helps my head. Nature does it for me. I've noticed with the temps being super cold here in Illinois lately that I miss my big long walks. My head missed the space they clear for it. I am sure my little dog Pearl Button misses them too.
* I sleep. I nap. I do not beat myself up for needing more rest. This is a lesson I practice. No telling yourself that you are lesser for needing a rest. GO REST.
* I listen to music. Music that matches my mood. Almost always a song or two can take me out of my head space, if even for a little while.
* I practice not thinking too far into the future. This one is tricky. This one takes a bunch of practice.
I believe we only have this moment for sure. Any given moment can change your life. In big magical soul flipping ways.
I am practicing my life in a thoughtful way. I love then I love more. First of all loving me the very most I know how.