25 March 2016

knowing life is precious. i love you mom.


vintage Virgin Mary card flea market find. graphics by me.



I have not posted in over a month. I realize how very busy my life, studio, creating is. Lately, the past six months or so I have had a huge cloud hanging on me. I know the feeling too well, it is sadness and knowing I do no have the ability to fix it. Life seems to be the most challenging for me when I realize I cannot fix something with kindness and grace.

My mom is very sick. She has been very sick. I try to keep my personal issues separate from my social media world. I am noticing that I can no longer do this, as they are running together in my head day and night.

My mom has a bunch of health issues that are not good. We are now facing the unknown of tremors and loss of some normal things we all take for granted. In two weeks we will go to the University of Iowa and have some tests done that will confirm what we are dealing with.

I am an only child as many of you know. I have moved back to the midwest to be one hour from my mom and dad, as my mom's health has been really bad for the past three years. I am here now. I am ready to be everything and anything I can be for my parents. I am super grateful that my hubby and I are nearby. Lucky.

I have met and faced many challenges in my life. Many so huge I feared not getting to the other side.
I am needing help of prayers and maybe even friends who can hold my hand at times.

My prayers are for the doctors to find what is causing this latest health issue for my mom and to give us all the strength to help her and find that we can help her with medicines.

Time is so precious. I know it everyday when I wake up. Love to all who read my random thoughts.
Thanks for caring. You mean the world to me. I love you Mom.

16 comments:

  1. sending you love and prayers...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers for your mom and all surrounding her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard stuff...your parents are so blessed to have you and Dan close...sending love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard stuff...your parents are so blessed to have you and Dan close...sending love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very hard being far away, so glad you're closer now. Sending up prayers.. for hope, healing and peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very hard being far away, so glad you're closer now. Sending up prayers.. for hope, healing and peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear this, Being there for her is the best thing you can do..I don't know your details but I can tell you what helped make someone more alert and comfortable after tremors, weakness and other symptoms overtook him...we kept this man away from proteins as they are inflammatory and your body works hard to process. We gave him fruit smoothies every morning, lots of clean fruit and veggies, freshly squeezed orange juice, what this does is alkalize the body, get some of the acidic waste moving, and basically makes the person feel more energetic and happy. Sometimes the best we can do is slow down what is happening and give them more comfort. Sunshine- vit D is very important for their well being too. I hope you are led to the answers you need, I am praying for your mom too, blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers for your sweet Mom, Dad, and yourself. I pray the drs find the correct meds to help your mom. You have alot of people who love you and are praying for y'all even if they don't tell you! Sending you BIG hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending prayers for your sweet Mom, Dad, and yourself. I pray the drs find the correct meds to help your mom. You have alot of people who love you and are praying for y'all even if they don't tell you! Sending you BIG hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my Sweet Kelli, my heart aches for your family. I know this all too well, dealing with my own aging parents...and especially Jack. Life gets hard during this autumn season. Thankful you and Dan are nearby. You are brave to share. So many of us really do care. We know. and we uplift you and your family. sending love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry Kelli, I pray the doctors can find a med or an underlying cause of the adrenal gland issue. This is serious as you know. I pray for you and your family to be surrounded with blessings and all the right answers.♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, prayers, hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you big hugs and big prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending prayers and hugs sweet Kelli! To you and your family!! Xoxoxo. Please know you can call
    If you need anything! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know all too well...the power of prayer and positive thoughts all too well. I am sending tons for your family Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete