17 December 2011

a few of my favorite things

this vintage oil painting from a dear friend hangs in my bathroom

another vintage painting in my bathroom I adore the wacky pretty

vintage mesh metal bag from a girlfriend and bracelet from mom

me on my wedding day getting ready. jewelry so pretty. cool broken lamp that holds jewelry.
I was thinking today how lucky I am to be surrounded by such pretty things that mean so much to me. In their broken wacky fragile odd ways they remain precious to me. I can remember who gave them to me, how I felt and how happy I am to see them each day. Certain things just let me escape to another time and place.

One reason I am being reflective is it is the gift giving season. For me I would much rather create a piece of art for that someone special or hunt for the silly vintage goodie. I have a hard time going to stores and just buying new stuff. The history and love that comes with handmade or vintage speaks much more to me.

I think tomorrow I will start making more gifts and take pictures for my blog. You can share in my happy thinking and maybe you can create some goodies too.

Happy Almost Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment