11 September 2017

giving thanks for my life being saved 15 years ago. yes, i give thanks several times every single day.

i walked miles and miles in Deephaven with my dogs. everyday. 

i nested and created a home that was beautiful to me.

i lived 8 houses up the hill from lake minnetonka. 

Dr. Michael Schueppert (Vascular Surgeon) SAVED MY LIFE!

Methodist hospital filled with talented nurses, doctors saved my life. 

looking up as i walked in the hospital, the last view i saw. 

what is a renal artery aneurysm



I am a person who tries very hard to look at my life and be grateful for everything everyday. It is not easy but, I do practice the noticing, manifesting goodness and I believe in giving back in ways that I can (in being grateful for my life being saved).

Never had I imagined that I would be told without this surgery (and fast) you will die. You might die even with the surgery. WOW!!! I was not really great at processing all of this information as quickly as I thought I could. I cried and then I got serious about getting my life in order. I made lists of everything I needed to have others know (in case I did not make it) I had all of my affairs in order (as they say) I prayed. I prayed lots. I asked my main surgeon if he thought he could save me. His answer was this "You have to believe I can save you and trust me. I can tell you without this surgery you will die and soon." So with that I empowered myself with everything I knew how to.

See I had been sick, really sick. I had always been active and walked fast with my black lab like a ninja. I was loyal walking lots and lots, I did not stop to chat I power walked in every season. Then one day I came in and could barely walk upstairs. I was so tired, winded and weak. That started my journey of going to doctor after doctor, each saying that my blood pressure was super high but, no real reason for it? Then I started passing out at random spots, dressing rooms at stores, in my kitchen, driveway, restaurants each time going by ambulance to the hospital. Each time being released with a new story of nothing. I kept going. I kept searching for a doctor who would do more then give me more medicines. Finally, I asked at my local clinic for an old school doctor who would meet with me and just listen. I was told there was only one and he was not taking new patients, sorry. I begged, I drove over to the clinic and begged leaving my charts from the past 8 months for the doctor to look at. They were not super pleased with me, I did not care. I knew that I needed help. The very next morning the old school (soon to retire doctor) called me and asked how quickly I could get to his office. I said ten minutes. I was there in ten and in twenty he knew that I had an aneurysm. WOW.
He made an immediate appointment sending me to Dr. Schueppert's office.

Then the reality of realizing my situation finally came true. I knew that I was sick, finally someone believed me. Thank God.

My aneurysm was on my rental artery and had wrapped around my right kidney and had killed off most of that kidney. YEP, that is why I was so sick. I was thrilled to have an answer and also afraid of what might lay ahead. I believed with my whole heart that if I believed I would live, stayed positive, used humor to help get me through I would be fine (better then fine) GOOD!!!

I made lists of promises to myself. I would get a divorce from a very unhealthy marriage. I would create more art for me personally. I would try to help others more.  I would share more of the goodness and miracle that would be given to me by living.

I was told I would be in the hospital for at least 3 weeks. In one week I had myself managing pain with Advil (as I am allergic to pain meds) I was up and going home. Yes, I had a long recovery but, I did it.

I have also stayed true to everything on my list. I still work on that list 15 years later. As I get older I get more determined to get that big dream of mine.

I will! Yes, I will. Each day I will continue to give thanks for my miracle which is my life.

www.kellimaykrenz.com

4 comments:

  1. So glad you found the answers! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember what you went through with the surgery so well it's hard to believe 15 years have gone by since then. You created a milagro in not giving up until you found the right doctor.. such a blessing that you are still here sharing your gifts so generously with others! Happy Anniversary Kelli xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you survived!!! Blessings! Enjoy you gift of life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that the world is still able to benefit from your beautiful gifts. I'm so glad you found the answers and help that you needed. Bless your sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete